The General Council includes all enrolled Nez Perce citizens over age 18. It meets twice a year to review reports from the Nez Perce Tribal Executive Committee.
The Nez Perce Tribe 2022 Spring General Council is scheduled to be held in-person on May 5, 6, and 7 at the Páyniwaas (Pi-Nee-Waus) Community Center in Lapwai, Idaho.
The meeting will be called to order on Thursday and Friday at 8:00 a.m. and 9:00 a.m. on Saturday, provided a quorum is reached.
NON-PARTISAN GENERAL ELECTION 2022
NEZ PERCE TRIBAL EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
The following is a list of certified candidates for the
NPTEC GENERAL ELECTION
SATURDAY, MAY 07, 2022
*Shannon F. Wheeler
Mary Jane Miles
Mary Tall Bull
There will be TWO METHODS OF VOTING:
- Absentee Ballot: For your absentee vote to count, your ballot must be received by 4:30 p.m. on May 03, 2022. Ballots will be verified prior to in person voting. Drop Off at any of the three Nez Perce Tribe Official Drop Boxes: Wa-A-‘Yas Community Center, Kamiah; Teweepuu Community Center, Orofino; Boards & Commissions Building, Lapwai
- In-Person May 07, 2022: Polling places will be open from 7:00am – 3:00pm.
POLLING SITES: Kamiah at the Wa-A-‘Yas Community Center; Orofino at Teweepuu Community Center; and Lapwai at the Pineewaus Community Center
Only one method of voting is allowed!!
Any enrolled member of the Nez Perce Tribe who is eighteen or over shall be entitled to vote in the General Elections. Eligible Voters may vote by Absentee Ballot or at any Polling Place, but WILL ONLY BE ALLOWED TO VOTE ONCE.
Tune into Nez Perce Tribe’s Facebook to view the counting at 5:00 p.m. May 07, 2022. Final numbers will also be posted on https://www.nezperce.org/government/general-council/
For further information or if you have any questions, please contact General Council Election Judges at contact information below or email at email@example.com.
NOTICE of RESULTS
NEZ PERCE TRIBAL EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
PRIMARY ELECTIONS 2022
APRIL 02, 2022
PRIMARY ELECTION RESULTS
THE FOLLOWING ARE THE RESULTS FOR THE NPTEC GENERAL ELECTION HELD ON SATURDAY, APRIL 02, 2022.
|Arthur Broncheau * – 59|
|James R. Spencer – 53|
|Mary Jane Miles – 109|
|Nikesa Aubertin – 76|
|Invalid Votes – 1|
General Council Officers
Chairman Allen Slickpoo Jr.
Secretary Jasmine Higheagle
Election Judge Melissa Guzman | (208) 621-3828 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Election Judge Melissa King | (208) 843-7307 | email@example.com
Election Judge Loretta Spaulding | (208) 621-3823 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Chairman Kayla Warden
Vice Chairman Alice Spaulding
Secretary Paulette Smith
Member Ciarra Greene
Meeting Minutes and Resolutions
- 2021 Fall General Council Minutes
- 2020 Spring General Council Minutes
- 2019 Fall General Council Minutes
- 2019 Spring General Council Minutes
- 2018 Fall General Council Minutes
- 2018 Spring General Council Minutes and Resolutions
- 2017 Fall General Council Minutes
- 2017 Spring General Council Minutes
- 2016 Fall General Council Minutes
- 2016 Spring General Council Resolutions
- 2016 Fall General Council Resolutions
- 2015 Fall General Council Minutes
- 2015 Spring General Council Resolution
- 2015 Spring General Council Minutes
- 2014 Spring General Council Resolutions
- 2014 Spring General Council Minutes
- 2013 Fall General Council Minutes
- 2013 Spring General Council Minutes
- 2012 Fall General Council Draft Minutes
- 2012 Spring Resolutions and Draft Minutes
- 2011 Fall General Council Minutes (Verbatim)
- 2011 Spring & Fall General Council Resolutions
- Fall 2011 General Council Minutes
- Spring 2011 General Council Minutes
- Fall 2010 General Council Minutes
- Spring 2010 General Council Minutes
- Fall 2009 General Council Minutes
- Fall 2008 General Council Minutes