Welcome to the Nez Perce Tribal Code
This page contains the Nez Perce Tribal Code, emergency amendments and proposed amendments. Currently, the Tribal Code consists of 13 titles listed on this webpage’s sidebar.
From time to time, the NPTEC amends the statutes of the Nez Perce Tribe. The Tribe makes every effort to ensure that the statutes on this page are updated promptly as they are amended. It is the responsibility of the user to confirm that a given statute is current. Questions regarding the Tribal Code may be directed to the Tribe’s Office of Legal Counsel, 208-843-7355.
Proposed Amendments Open for Public Comment
- Chapter 3-1 Fish and Wildlife Code – Comments due by 4:30 pm, January 17, 2023
- Uniform Commercial Code FAQ’s – Comments due by 4:30 pm, March 1, 2023
- None at this time [as of October 19, 2022].
- Chapter 6-13 Hemp Ordinance (Final – passed by NPTEC on March 09, 2021)
- Chapter 6-10 Absentee Voting – (Final – passed by NPTEC on December 22, 2020)