NEW- Emergency Rental Application Program
(Click Image to Enlarge)
Print Application Here and Return To:
- firstname.lastname@example.org, or
- drop off in person at the Lapwai or Kamiah NPTHA Office, or
- mail to NPTHA ERA Program PO Box 188 Lapwai, ID 83540
The mission of the Nez Perce Tribal Housing Authority is to create opportunities to meet the housing needs of enrolled members of the Nez Perce Tribe by maximizing the utilization of available resources to ensure services are provided in an efficient, professional, economical and timely manner; forming and enhancing partnerships between the NPTHA and tribal, state, local, and private entities; promoting self sufficiency and improving the quality of life.
Board of Commissioners
The Board of Commissioners (BOC) is comprised of five members elected by the NPT General Council. The key responsibilities of the BOC is to support our mission by establishing and updating policies and programs; monitoring and oversight of the NPTHA operations; providing guidance on goals and objectives to be achieved; prioritizing the services to be provided based on Tribal member needs assessments and approving the annual budget.
Counseling and Classes
The Senior Rehab Program assists low-income senior citizen home owners in completing essential repairs, with a maximum amount of $4,500.
The ICDBG Home Repair Program assists low-income homeowners in completing essential repairs and making energy improvements.
Available Individual Classes
The housing authority provides classes on:
- Home buyer education
- Money basics
- Renter rights and responsibilities
- Do-it-yourself maintenance
- Homeowner maintenance
- Post-purchase issues for home buyers
- Admissions and Occupancy (PDF, 300 KB)
- Collection/Eviction (PDF, 126 KB)
- Conveyance (PDF, 12KB)
- Grievance (PDF, 123 KB)
- Home Business (PDF, 63 KB)
- Housing Counseling (PDF, 23 KB)
- Individual Development Account (PDF, 86KB)
- Lot Acquisition (PDF, 276KB)
- Mortgage Finance Assistance (PDF, 38KB)
- Non-Low Income (PDF, 1 MB)
- Option to Purchase (PDF, 263 KB)
- Rehabilitation (PDF, 206KB)
- Temporary Absence (PDF, 35 KB)
- Emergency Rental Assistance Zero Income Form (PDF, 142 KB)
ACCOUNT TECHNICIAN II
The Nez Perce Tribal Housing Authority is accepting applications for an ACCOUNT TECHNICIAN II primarily responsible for tenant account collections and various accounting tasks. Required: Degree in Accounting, Business, Education or 4 years equivalent experience, two years experience in office administration, excellent customer service/communication skills, familiar with legal procedures, skills in math calculations, intermediate computer/software skills, professional etiquette, reliable transportation, valid drivers license and be bondable. Full time, great benefits, wage DOQ, close 03/19/21. Indian Preference does apply. Submit NPTHA application and 3 references to: Executive Director, Nez Perce Tribal Housing Authority, P.O. Box 188 Lapwai, ID 83540. For more information or an application, please call (208)843-2229.